Nurturing the Faith of Our Children
SCS faculty and staff lead our students in the Catholic faith by modeling and using real-world examples, involving families in our parish and school activities, introducing and implementing technology in the religion curriculum, and continuing education.
- Weekly all school Masses celebrated on Wednesdays
- Student lectors, altar servers, ushers, and choir members at school and parish Masses
- Pflaum Gospel Weeklies encourage student attendance and participation at Sunday Mass
- Value of the month discussed and posted in all classrooms
- Classroom religion resource areas include a crucifix, statue of the Blessed Virgin, age-appropriate children‘s lectionary and/or Bibles, rosaries, and other resources to enhance student involvement
- Morning announcement broadcasts include special intentions, daily prayers, feast day summaries, and mission statement
- Communion, Confirmation, and grade-level retreats
- Sandwich station outreach program
- Care packages for the homeless and the military
- Nursing home visits
- Faculty and staff continue their Catholic education through summer courses and/or relative workshops
SCS Angel Days
On first Fridays, St. Coleman School traditionally holds an “Angel Day” dress down. Students that wish to participate may donate $1.00 and come to school dressed in their everyday clothes. The monies collected are used to support different charitable causes each month.